Thursday, September 17, 2009

"What I've Over Paid For"

First, let me begin by saying, I’m the type of girl that will always pay more money for a product that I know works or I know is quality. Especially when it comes to toiletry products ex: bathroom tissue, toothpaste, tampons, etc. That being said, these categories of product are also the ones you can’t be without so if you run out and your brand is not available one must buy what is available. Major bummer but reality; let me give you an example!

My friend and I were on a cross-country road trip from Indiana back to California. If you’ve never driven cross-country, you must know that 90% of the time you are out in the middle of nowhere. The first day went well we got to Colorado stayed in a little mom and pop hotel had free coffee in the morning and took off to do some site seeing and find some yummy breakfast, or so we thought. After getting on the highway, towards our first destination the first sign said destination 76 miles. We didn’t think much of it, we figured there would be a stopping point before that. About 30 miles in I needed to use the restroom and she was starving (my friend is NOT one to ever miss a breakfast) , still no where to pull over. I began to realize it was about that time of the month for me. At this point we have been driving for about an hour we pass a sign that says Gas 5 miles. We pull off, and let me tell you that was all there was, one little gas station, with 2 pumps, and a little stand that wasn’t any bigger than a normal sized walk in closet. I ran in asked if they had tampons. They sure did, obviously I had to have them, cost $7, a small box of four, and defiantly NOT “my brand.” In fact a normal box of any brand is usually les than $7.00. Regardless, I bought them and then proceeded to use the “Port-a-Potty” that was set up behind the travel trailer in the field net to the gas station, or “gas hut.”

Moral of this story, NEVER leave home without “your brand”, ALWAYS take hand sanitizer, and possibly your own toilet paper, and NEVER EVER take the road signs for granted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment