Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Quality Customer Experience"

Week 1 : EOC
I had been on vacation for three weeks and like everyone else the bills still come rolling in. So due to the lovely advances in technology I paid my bills online via Blackberry. I returned home on a Sunday evening exhausted, jetlagged and hit the sack as fast as I could get through the front door, knowing that I would have a wonderfully long week ahead of me. Come Monday morning I woke up, did all of my morning rituals as usual, then sat down for a cup of my delicious iced coffee looking forward turning on the TV and watching The View before going about my busy day. Little did I know there would be a glitch in my plan. GASP! The TV would only show me paid programming. So as fast as I could dial my little cell phone I got Direct TV on the line. Now not only was I grouchy due to the fact I was jetlagged but my delicious iced coffee hadn’t kicked in and now my TV wasn’t working. Let me tell you the last thing I wanted to do is chat with a Direct TV guy and I’m sure he wasn’t too pleased to speak with me either. But even with my less than pleasant attitude he was very patient, calm, and understanding. As it turns out my bill had not been paid so in turn, my TV was shut off, which by all means is reasonable. However, even though my payment had not yet been confirmed, he turned it right back on after I explained that I had sent the payment in via internet Blackberry. Within minutes all was resolved. This gentleman listened to me rant and rave while staying very calm and understanding, which is somewhat contagious, because it calmed me right down as well. I applaud this customer service salesman and Direct TV for promoting good customer service. I also apologize for being a [insert choice word here].

No comments:

Post a Comment