Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Me As A Consumer"

Week 2: EOC

My needs, wants and taste, as a consumer varies depending on time, money, and the environment I am living in. I have noticed the since moving from Las Angeles my tastes and my concern for value have change. Previously I was much more frivolous with my money and cared more about instant gratification, no matter what the cost may be.

Currently I am a student living in Las Vegas. My income is low and I primarily live off student loans, money from my parents, and any side work or acting jobs that may come along while balancing school work. I live with my cousin and his two little girls. A lot of my buying varies on their needs as well as mine especially when it comes to grocery purchases.

I am the perfect description of a Generation Y consumer. Impatient, family oriented, majorly focused on time management, opinionated and diverse. When I go shopping I focus on quality and value. I enjoy stores that offer trendy styles at low costs and give me staples for my wardrobe. I’m not partial to any one particular store or place to shop, I find myself strolling around all (mall) boutiques until something really catches my eye. Most of the time, I will always buy at that point. As for grocery and food needs, I shop at the closest store to my house but I prefer Trader Joes if I have the time to shop and drive to the location.

For my current lifestyle, everything needs to be fast, easy, and a comfortable shopping environment. I strongly dislike discount stores and large retail companies, not because they don’t have good deals but they give me anxiety and take too long to get through. I have to admit I enjoy front of the store displays and fast, easy to make good tasting foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment